Saturday, March 04, 2006

Slogging through platform

Slogging through platform

Typical of these events: the same six people value their own opinions highly and speak on every issue. Thus making things last that much longer. Nearly audible groans emerge as these people approach the mike.

So many competing needs at a convention: nuts and bolts, issue discussion, positioning and persuading. And paliamentary procedure makes everything take longer than is natural (see my rant on life in the Culver group). "Gotta follow the rules" is a sure way to irritate me.

I'm hitting the burnout point here; the worst of my work is done and I'm more watching than anything. I'm planning on being at district and hope to blog speeches there, but the late morning stretch when the top tier candidates were speaking was the peak of the credentials crunch.

No comments: