Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold Clips

Cold Clips

I've seen worse that the weather we're having--but that's because I grew up in Wisconsin. We had a week when I was in college, a whole WEEK, where the daytime highs were 20 below. That's thermometer, not windchill. Overnight was about -35.

That would have been `83 because my 20th birthday landed in the stretch--that was back when 18 was legal like it should be--and I still managed to walk to the bars. And back somehow, though I don't really remember how. Which of course is part of why I quit.

  • Actually watched Shrub's speech. The "legacy" is we only got blowed up once. And other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

  • It's interregnum weekend. The Bush White House, for all intents and purposes, is shutting down today. This piece is full of cool details. Tonight the Bushies turn in their Blackberries, at 12:01 Tuesday the Secret Service agent moves from behind the President to behind the President.

  • Bruce Braley's Populist Caucus is in fact a revival of a group started by Rock Island's own Lane Evans in the `80s.

  • And Palin just keeps on talkin': "Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me." I've never been anonymous (the beret kinda stands out in a crowd) but I hope to continue to be annoying.
  • No comments: