Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Notes from a Christmas vacation

Still trying to get my bearings back in Iowa City. I can't remember the last time I took off five straight days.

The Miracle In The Desert certainly ranked as one of the high points. Also a lot of serious nephew-niece time, even a couple runs down the ole hill on a sled before the snow melted.

  • The squirrels in my parents' backyard are the fattest squirrels on the planet.
  • It is extremely unusual anymore for me to be the adult male in the room with the most hair (only because my genetically mutant middle brother didn't travel)
  • Spongebob Squarepants is actually very funny
  • I have a good ear for recognizing cartoon voices - I spotted both Dauber from Coach and Worf from Star Trek TNG.
  • I'm not going to eat for a week
  • I was in the unfortunate position of needing car repair and the garage I went to 15 years ago when I lived in Wisconsin was still there, still run by the same guy, and expanded. Tells me he does a good job
  • No comments: