Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I finally took it down



The Dean sign went up in my window last July. It stayed there through the Sleepless Summer, through Bat after Bat after Bat, through the heady frontrunner days of the fall. It faded just a bit as January approached, through the attack ads and the Harkin endorsement and the Perfect Storm and the glorious night-before caucus rally at the IMU and third place and YEAAAAAH! and months and months of "what happened? We were picking running mates in December, what happened?"

After it all ended in Wisconsin I just couldn't bear to take it down. I'm not the only one, the Dean signs are still scattered around town.

I knew that I'd do it the way I do haircuts. Impulsively, spur of the moment, now or forget it.

This evening I got a sign for one of my primary candidates. I struggled just a bit with the mini-blinds, then I replaced it.



The Dean bumper sticker stays on the car.

No comments: