Thursday, May 27, 2004

I'm now completely in the local election bubble and have lost all capacity to remark on bigger world events. So let's just get a Deeth update.

A dozen plants are beginning to inch up the pole bean fence. I replanted four or so slots where the seads didn't sprout. The scattered old seeds are popping up all over and aggressive thinning is underway. Dill seems to be winning the race. Whatever sprouts is better than actual weeds. Those helicopter-seeded tree things are pretty fertile...

I decided a few months ago NOT to upgrade my cable to get HBO for the Sopranos season. I figured for the price of three months of HBO I could BUY the DVD set. So it's been a challenge not to hear what's going on. Well, in the last couple days I heard The Big One. I had the character at Number One on my Most Likely To Get Whacked list (was pretty easy), and it seemed a foregone conclusion after news reports of other developments in the performer's career. Still, woulda been nice to see it.

Just found out one of my old pals is running for office in another state. Wrong party but he's a good guy and it's a solid GOP district. So if you're gonna have a Republican anyway, at least get a good one. So in the first Republican endorsement in the history of this blog, everyone in Michigan House District 100 should vote for Libants. (this offer is only good through the primary, ha ha ha)

And I upgraded the picture page with some nephew/niece pictures from last weekend's family reunion. Check it out if you care - and who ARE you people reading me, anyway?

No comments: