Wednesday, June 23, 2004

More rats desert sinking ship

Hastert Cancels Appearance At Ryan Fundraiser

They're sticking the fork in:

U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert has cancelled his appearance at a fund-raising breakfast for senate candidate Jack Ryan scheduled for Thursday morning...

When asked for Hastert's reaction to this week's news of sex allegations in Ryan's divorce documents, Feehery said the Speaker is "reserving judgment until he has discussions with Mr. Ryan and other party leaders in Illinois."


Today's best headlines:
  • News Conference Like A Train Wreck
  • Ryan Butt of Jokes Nationwide
  • This one at least notes one,uh, talent: Ryan revelations uncover skill in ducking questions

    You know, I've been through nasty publicity and an icky divorce myself. Should I really be having this much fun with someone else's misery?

    Oh, why the hell not.

    Here's another good point:

    Geez, hasn't anyone in the Republican party ever heard of Google? Internet gossip is hardly evidence of hard truth -- but it would have given the GOP an idea of what might be coming. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Ryan" and "sex club" in the last few months, I'd be one-1000th as wealthy as Jack Ryan.

    Even I'd heard the story and I wasn't following this race terribly closely until after the primary.
  • No comments: