Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Yahoo! News - Ramones Guitarist Losing Fight with Cancer -Report

Johnny Ramone Losing Fight with Cancer - Report



Johnny Ramone, 55, was diagnosed with prostate cancer four years ago, and it has now spread throughout his body. "Johnny's been a champ in confronting this, but at this point I think the chances are slim," Marky Ramone said in the report...

UPDATE/REBUTTAL:
Johnny Ramone Is Not Dying, His Doctor Says



Characteristically, the 55-year-old guitarist, a stubbornly private man, refused to issue a corrective press statement. His wife, Linda, however, was appalled by the funereal headlines, and authorized Dr. Agus to explain Johnny's condition.

"He's not dying," Linda said on Wednesday afternoon (June 16). "He was okay for years, and he's fine now. He's in the hospital, but he's not in ICU. And I think he may be leaving by tomorrow."


Hm. Mysterious but here's hoping today's reports are right. In the meantime get well wishes Ramone-style:

Yeah, I wanna be well
I wanna be well
I wanna be
I want I want I want
I want I want I want
Yeah, I wanna be well

I want my
LSD, golly gee,
DDT, wowee!
Daddy's broke
Holy smoke
My future's bleak
Ain't it neat?



No comments: