Sunday, September 12, 2004

The best rummage sale ever

The best rummage sale ever

Back in one piece from my home town trip during which I made the single best rummage sale purchase ever. Five pairs of new jeans (including three sets of Levis 501s) for the pittance of $17. I'm set for jeans now for the next several years, barring large weight fluctuations. That's not to mention the Box Of Electronic Parts for five bucks which included more useful stuff than junk (although to be honest I have no use for an electric dog collar).

The Parental Computer is in business and the parents have had the On and Off lesson. Youngest Brother shows up next week to provide the next set of help. They have more computer than I have which is hardly fair given their user level ("This is a mouse"). I'm going to be in the market soon. The screen on Faithful Laptop is dying and I'm going to be working so much I might actually be able to afford a new machine...

I've been in political news warp so not much to report. Wisconsin has its primary Tuesday and I saw lots of yard signs, none of which seem to include those nasty words "Democrat" or "Republican."

No comments: