Saturday, November 13, 2004

Vacation Update 3

Vacation Update 3

Greetings from the den and communication center of the Hotel Jenkins, stop 2 on Vacation.

You know that scene in 2001 Space Odyssey, where the astronaut is running laps around the rim of the space station, and the horizon curves away and seems to last forever?

Imagine that with stores. That's Mall Of America. I was completely lost without my teenage daughter's guidance.

Late afternoon the Gopher-Hawkeye game ended and the Temple Of Materialism began to fill with black and gold shirts, all the out of towners who wanted to See It. I felt like I had taken a wrong turn and ended up back home in Iowa City...

Anyway, this experience is goint to take a while to process and I'm on vacation. Next stop: tomorrow with Mom and Dad.

No comments: