Saturday, May 14, 2005

School's Out

School's Out

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Makin all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces


Ah, the greatest summer song ever written by anyone anywhere.

Graduation day at UIowa, and the three weeks of the year when you can get a parking space downtown begin.

And why is it that when frat boys in SUVs get frustrated at being behind a hard-working, against the wind bicyclist, they always assume the cyclist's relative lack of speed is some indicator of sexual preference? And why are they so concerned with which, uh, side of the street I like to, uh, ride my bike? I can only think of one reason why it would matter in the last to them. They must figure that since I'm riding a bike, I must have really nice legs (which I do). So, guys who tried to run me over at the Coral Ridge Mall: Sorry, but I'm straight.

My trip back from the mall was better; I discovered the local Arabic-North African market completely by accident and am nibbling on some tasty Turkish pepper spread. I also had a nice chat with the guy working there who is in this rap group:

And tomorrow as soon as the sun rises, we will still have surprises, full of good times and crisis, either way I'll still ripp the mic into slices, either way I'll let my mind go so it can take me places, if there's a line, well then I guess I'm about to cross it, driven by what I heard Mos Def and Talib kweli mention, yes ya'll, knowledge of self determation.


No comments: