Friday, August 26, 2005

The Annual I'm Old List

The Annual I'm Old List

Each year Beloit College kindly (HA!) notes the birth year of the incoming freshman class and notes various cultual milestones associated with that year:

“It is an important reminder, as faculty start to show signs of ‘hardening of the references,’ that we think about the touchstones and benchmarks of a generation that has grown up with CNN, home computers, AIDS awareness, digital cameras and the Bush political dynasty. We should also keep in mind that these students missed out on the pleasures of being tossed in the back of a station wagon with a bunch of friends and told to keep the noise down, walking in the woods without fearing Lyme Disease, or setting out to try all of the 28 ice cream flavors at Howard Johnson’s.”


Uh, thanks.

Maybe that's why the 19 year old checkout clerk didn't get my joke last night. Excuse me while I go comb my backwards Mohawk and take my Geritol.

No comments: