Monday, November 28, 2005

Bolkcom Back For More: Re-Elect

Bolkcom Back For More: Re-Elect

Not a shocker but my state senator Joe Bolkcom says:

I will be announcing my bid to seek re-election to a third term to represent Johnson County in the Iowa Senate. I want to invite everyone to my "Campaign Kickoff Celebration" and fundraiser this Wednesday, November 30, from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM at The Chait Galleries Downtown, 218 E. Washington Street, Iowa City.

I’ve worked hard to serve the needs and interests of Iowa City and Johnson County residents. I want the opportunity to use my experience to keep benefiting Johnson County by listening and working with everyone.

I hope you can attend my Kickoff event on Wednesday!


There are reports of an opponent this time, but that'll just give Joe a chance to shine on the issues like he did in his `92 and `96 county races. Should make things more interesting around here, but the local Dems will still have plenty of time to concentrate on offense in the legislative contests. (More on that in a future post.)

There. Iowa-centric political content, to make up for today's ramblings about the alleged biochemistry of love, bands that are eight or so years past the sell-by date, and some not yet well informed opinions about Linux.

No comments: