Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Abramoff Gave Only to the GOP

Abramoff Gave Only to the GOP

Contrary to GOP spin.

Also: Loved Keith Olbermann's use of Godfather 2 clips last night, casting Abramoff as Senator Geary. But he got the analogy wrong:

GEARY: All right, all right -- some people have to play little games. You play yours. So lets just say that you'll pay me because it is in your interest to pay me. But I want your answer and the money by noon tomorrow. And one more thing: don't you contact me again -- ever. From now on you deal with Turnbull.


Tom DeLay is Geary, and Abramoff is the unseen behind the scenes guy, Turnbull.

Olbermann then re-cast Abramoff as Frankie "Five Angels" Pentangeli, the Corleone capo who is getting ready to testify, then finds a surprise waiting at the hearing:

CHAIRMAN: We have a sworn affidavit -- we have it -- your sworn affidavit that you murdered on the orders of MICHAEL Corleone. Do you deny that confession, and do you realize what will happen as a result of your denial.

PENTANGELI: Look the FBI guys promised me a deal. So I made up a lot of stuff about MICHAEL Corleone 'cause that's what they wanted -- but it was all lies -- uh -- everything. And I kept saying -- MICHAEL Corleone did this and MICHAEL Corleone did that -- .uh -- so I said yea sure, why not.

SENATOR #2: Mr. Corleone would you kindly identify for the committee the gentleman sitting to your left.

HAGEN: I can answer that. His name is Vincenzo PENTANGELI.

SENATOR #2: Is he related to the witness?

HAGEN: I believe he is in fact his brother.


The last cross of what's about a quadruple-cross.

I don't think Tom DeLay will get out of it as easy as Michael Corleone did...

No comments: