Monday, February 20, 2006

Geeksta rappers rhyme tech talk

Geeksta rappers rhyme tech talk

MCPlus+:

"I'm the root node kid and you're just a leaf,
so show me respect before i remove you in log n time,
cause you know my trees are balanced all the time,
man, ill eliminate you like dead code,
I don't discriminate; I'll delete your node"


"The most interesting thing that happened to me was that a TV producer from L.A. contacted me and said she had been commissioned by a German variety show to do a short feature on nerd rap. So she asked if she could come to Stanford and film me and my geek posse in our natural habitat. I said yes, but then I realized I didn't have a geek posse.

So I called up a few of my friends and we dressed up in these ridiculous nerd rapper outfits, with Linux T-shirts and soldering irons in our belts and Blackberries on chains around our necks, and did goofy [stuff] like cruise around campus on our bikes and smash up old electronic equipment..."

No comments: