Friday, May 12, 2006

Wes Clark in CR with Loebsack, Blouin

Wes Clark in CR with Loebsack, Blouin

This landed in my inbox from a few different sources.

Podcast with General Wesley Clark and Iowans
Brewed Awakenings
1217 1st Ave, SE
Cedar Rapids, IA
4:00PM




Saturday, May 13, 2006 5:30 pm

"Workers for a Better Iowa"

FREE BEER—HOG ROAST
MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT
SILENT AUCTION

At the Teamsters Hall, 5000 J Street SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

FEATURING General Wesley Clark

Meet the Labor Endorsed Candidate for Governor of Iowa Mike Blouin
And Labor Endorsed Candidate for U.S. Congress David Loebsack

Tickets are $25.00 and are available through the Hawkeye Labor Council

1211 Wiley Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
(319) 396-8461

at the Teamsters Hall or through local union offices


It was followed by a note from Clark's folks subject-lined "It Begins In Iowa" and announcing his visit today for Boswell.

I have an instinctive mistrust of generals but I never saw the guy up close; "It Begins In Iowa" is different for a guy who blew off the caucuses in 2004. But Al Gore learned from that mistake and it seems Clark has too. I may check this out, even if only for Dave Loebsack's sake.

UPDATE: Real life vs. blogger life. Given the choice I chose to hang out with my daughter instead. I'll look for reports from my cub reporters...

No comments: