Monday, September 18, 2006

John Deeth Blog: Not Really All Obama, All The Time

John Deeth Blog: Not Really All Obama, All The Time

Just seems like it today. Tomorrow is Mark Warner day; Warner is at a fundraiser for the Johnson County legislators and I will be live or close to live at noon. Evan Bayh on October 1st depends on family matters; that's my daughter's birthday.

Thanks to all for the link love on yesterday which shot me to my highest traffic day in almost four years of blogging. The links at barackobama.com and of course tomharkin.com were especially nice.

Before caucus season starts in earnest I need to take some of my election overtime and invest in an actual camera. For now I'll just link to Chris Woods' Flickr set.

Another write up, which catches one really key point that I missed, is from Lynn Heuss, guesting at Political Madman.

Even the normally just the facts maam Politics1 (Run Gunzburger is my true blogfather and he's been doing this since 1998) gets in on the act; also Dan Conley writes at Political Wire. He doesn't gush as much as me:

Perhaps the best was Obama saying that the war on terror has become a war fought between September and November in even numbered years. But like other rhetorical high points, Obama fouled the line off and only seemed comfortable with his oldest material.

To the Iowa faithful, though, a B+ Obama sure beats anything else they have to listen to on a beautiful fall day.


OK so I'm a hick blogger, too cheap for a camera and a url. Guess I'll go milk the pigs now. That was a line I used to use on urban ubersophisticates - if they laughed I knew they were OK but if they took me seriously we were definitely in trouble. Legendary perhaps apochryphal story about the East Coast staffer - HAD to be Dukakis since I heard the story pre-Kerry - getting their first ride through a harvest time Iowa field:

Is that a CORN field?
Uh-huh.
How come the corn in that field is so short?
That's soybeans.

No comments: