Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Voted



I was going to wait until satellite voting started but I went ahead and voted today. And I'll voluntarily give up my secrecy to tell you I did something I've never done before.

In all my past elections, since my first vote in 1982 (for William Proxmire!) I've skipped around the ballot for various minor reasons. I've wanted to withhold a vote from someone unopposed, tried to send a message by voting for some Green kid, or wanted one particular candidate in a vote for more than one race to finish in first place. In `92 we had a certified goofball running against Leach and I wrote someone in. (I've never voted for a Republican for anything.) And then there was that problem at the top of the ticket six years ago...

But today, for the first time in my life, I marked the straight Democratic ticket line. I'm comfortable and proud of the whole slate this year.

No comments: