Thursday, April 19, 2007

Carter: Other Leads

Morning-After Carter Roundup

Here's the leads from my seatmates from last night:

  • AP headline is "Carter urges voters to choose candidates committed to peace," but the first graph more closely resembles the Gazette's "US must be seen as an honest broker by both sides, not a knee-jerk supporter of all Israeli policies" theme.
  • DI goes with more generic lead along the lines of "Carter spells out peace plan."
  • In contract, O. Kay goes with "Carter said Iowa should no longer go first in the nominating season." (The DI picks up on that at the end.)
  • The Register was represented (never did see The Overrated One) but I can't find a story on line; I'll update if anything changes.
  • Essential Estrogen has a thoughtful writeup (that maybe takes a subtle dig at my writing style?)
    There are times, I think, when providing information to readers in the fastest way possible is the best route. Today was not one of those times. To that end, I believe I’d be doing you a disservice if I provided a blow-by-blow running commentary as if I were attending a basketball game.

    Maybe it was the Carver-Hawkeye setting. Or maybe I would have been better off without the wifi. Or maybe she does her thing and I do mine. Anyway, constructive criticism beats passive-aggressive name calling. I'm sure Jimmy Carter would agree.
  • No comments: