Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stuff Coming Up

Stuff Coming Up

A blast from the past this weekend as John Culver campaigns across the state on his son's behalf. The Johnson County stop will be at the home of Jim Hayes at 1142 E Court Street. (You may know this as the former residence of Grant Wood.) That's Sunday at 11 AM, and our own Fearless Leader Sue Dvorsky will also be on hand.

Team Roxanne is having an organizational get-together Friday night at 5:30 at Brian Flaherty's place - 1512 First Ave, Apt 201S, Coralville.

Check out my latest Register post: Tide Turning on Marriage Equality.

yard signsAnd if you've got some old yard signs sitting around for Chet Culver or Dave Loebsack, go ahead and put `em up.

Some of us old timers remember the days of the yard sign ordinances - in 1992 I worked in Linn County and Cedar Rapids wouldn't let us put them up until 21 days out. Well, all that is now considered an unconstitutional infringement of free speech. So I've had my Roxanne sign up since January. Of course, not everyone lives on as busy a street as I do.

Which reminds me, I need to mow the lawn.

No comments: