Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

What does Thanksgiving mean? Well, for one thing, a giant hole where news should be (or, depending on your perspective, a break from the Republican presidential candidates, who I'm not thankful for and a lot of Republicans aren't either)

I completed my duties in this department two weeks ago, but for any self-respecting geek, Thanksgiving means fixing the parent's computer. This writer's goal for the holiday: the final death of Internet Explorer 6.

I'm thankful for the NFL schedule, because it gives me a rare chance to watch the Undefeated Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers.

Tomorrow marks my first Black Friday in the land of retail. My bar for busy days at work is set pretty high -- presidential election day in the auditor's office -- and it can't possibly be that intense and isn't nearly as long. I look on it as an interesting field study in sociology...

But mostly I'm thankful for a day with the people I'm most thankful for, Koni and our boys.

No comments: