Thursday, October 25, 2012

Voting Today

Believe it or not, I have NOT voted yet. That's because I didn't want to use my vote to vote for President Obama, Dave Loebsack, the whole Democratic ticket, Yes for the judges, and Yes for the justice center. I wanted to vote for the place that I'm voting, and today I'm finally doing that.

There are a number of options, though not as many as in the past. Most places are very happy to have a voting day. I've voted at dorms and stores and libraries and even, once, at the polls.

But of all the sites I've visited, none is as enthusiastic as the Broadway Neighborhood Center. There's been a lot of criticism that we as a community don't reach out enough to the southeast side of town. It was a small sacrifice skipping out on the excitement of Day One, but I decided early on to wait four whole weeks specifically so I can vote there. If you haven't already, join me there from 1 to 7 p.m.


No comments: