Thursday, November 15, 2012

Senate GOP Leader Quiz

I'm finding some of my readers are not getting my repeated references to spontaneous combustion or bizarre gardening accidents. If that's you, you need to stop reading as soon as you read this post and watch "This Is Spinal Tap."

But to make it easier, I'll translate my humorous references to the high job turnover rate among Iowa Senate Republican leaders into something a younger generation can understand. Match the former Senate Republican leader with the cause of departure.

A. Stu Iverson 1. Secretly a werewolf
B. Mary Lundby 2. Polyjuice-chugging imposter
C. Ron Weick 3. Voldemort on back of head
D. Paul McKinley 4. Trampled by centaurs
E. Jerry Behn 5. Memory obliviated

Kidding aside, Craig Robinson at TheIowaRepublican has an honest look at the past failures, amidst his hopes for the new regime. Gronstal IS the master, but Bill Dix looks to be a formidable foe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think our party chair prefers this analogy as well.