If you're waking up in the late afternoon, here's some important and lengthy articles:
- New York magazine's Hillary Clinton interview. Cliff notes here: "It’s a serious decision, not to be made lightly, but it’s also not one that has to be made soon." So Iowans, don't be looking for her soon.
- The National Catholic Review's interview with Pope Francis. As someone once said: This pope has very different ideas from the last one.
- Did Twitter Kill the Boys on the Bus? (I say Yes and I say that's good.)
- "The New Politics of Evasion: (pdf) New thinking and favorable demography have largely addressed the Democrats’ old problems. Now it’s the Republicans who can’t face reality." GOP 2013 = Democrats 1989.
- Choice = more than biology.
- And most important of all: Kids need to play.