Will try to share a few thoughts from the Johnson County HHS building and from the Unity Party. But I'm so deep in the bubble that I have little sense of the big picture.
I'm still working on Making The Caucuses Happen the reality, not the post. And about all I have time for is a summary of the last 48:
- Made lists of last minute registrations, 57 versions, sent to each chair. Along with, where applicable, contact info for Republicans who are sharing the site
- Link to a site to print off last minute extra forms
- Re-distributing various other forms
- Handing off the LAST packet Saturday afternoon
- Meeting with one of the campaigns for my precinct
- Actually setting the other 56 precincts aside and spending a couple hours on poor little Iowa City 11, my own precinct
- Calls and multiple media emails dealing with a last minute decision by a major cable network to go LIVE from one of our sites
- Multiple stops on Facebook and Reddit to offer info and correct mis-info
- A math explainer on the definition of 50% for the one delegate precincts ("Anything over 50% is a simple majority," meaning does not have to be 50% plus one)
- Recalculating a spreadsheet to supplement the app, so it deals with the issue of people leaving before viability is final
- Trying to plan ahead for our Unity Party where chairs turn in packets and our Unstuffing Party where we sort paperwork
- FINALLY getting the 2008 attendance by county data and taking an hour to actually write about rural counties having less attendees per state delegate equivalent
- Remembering that I forgot to renew my tags, which will mean a last minute trip to the treasurer
- What am I forgetting?
The Democrats have three great candidates and we can be proud to support any one of them in November. Remember that tonight.