Saturday, December 31, 2005

Another year of blogging ends

Another year of blogging ends

New Year's Eve is my blogging anniversary, which gives me way too much excuse to think retrospectively.

Yep, I've been doing this for three years now, and here's my very first post. I was on line way before that with a dreaded Personal Home Page. I even had a campaign web site when I ran for office. In 1996.

But blogging, to me, is about WRITING. And in my third year of blogging I finally found a focus and an audience. Thanks to all of you who discovered me this year.

Had one big victory in `05 - Amy Correia - and one huge defeat with public power.

Slipped a little at the holidays but I'm in much better shape that I was last year. The bulk of the weight loss was in `04 but I proceeded from there. My biking peaked with 40+ mile rides this summer and though it remains boring and painful I've stuck with the weightlifting.

This was the year my folks moved out of my childhood home. And I finally got my daughter to the family reunion.

My material needs are all met for the first time in... my adult life, I guess, with the midyear purchases of the laptop and the car. Today when I shopped my only material need was a lightbulb.

Bono was Time's co-person of the year, which feels like vindication to this guy who's been with U2 since War.

Finally saw Garbage this year, and Shirley Manson is even more beautiful in person. Belatedly discovered Bruce Cockburn and Oasis in 2005. Was a dork and went to a Harry Potter party.

Without question the best day of my year was July 9.

Personally I've had lots of ups and downs; I'm on the down side now. I look back at the day I started this project and I'm much better off than I was three years ago. But I look back one year and something's missing. So for the year it's... a wash, at best.

No comments: