We have the details for Paul Ryan's Cedar Rapids stop tomorrow - 3:30 on the Kirkwood campus.
We do not have the visit details on the Friday Iowa City visit of The Big Four - Obama, Biden, Obama and Biden - but we do have some process details via the Dick Schwab campaign putting out an ask for volunteers:
We have three things for our volunteers to do to make the visit successful:
1) Make invitation phone calls on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday out of the Coralville office located at 2781 Oakdale Blvd, #1. We will call from 12, 2 and 4pm on Monday and 10, 12, 3 and 6 on Tuesday/Weds/Thurs.
2) Help w/ ticket distribution on Wednesday 9am to noon and 6pm to 9pm and Thursday from 9AM to noon (three hour shifts)--location TBD
3) We will need volunteers on Friday, to help with the visit itself. You'll need to attend the volunteer training on Thursday at 5:30 pm.The Press-Citizen has speculation that the venue may be the UI Fieldhouse, but Please. God. No. That site is Obama's go-to spot in Iowa City. I've seen him there three times, two presidential stops and a December `07 pre-caucus event. But the acoustics are horrid. How about a nice big Pentacrest rally like Earth Day 2007 instead? And I'll never stop pointing out that Bill Clinton sold out Carver-Hawkeye in 1996.
The last All Four event I remember in Iowa was the August 1992 bus tour with Bill, Hillary, Al and She Who Must Not Be Named. The filled the Quaker Oats parking lot in Cedar Rapids, and that was a milestone day in my life too: I met my daughter.
Stay tuned for the details on Barack and Michelle and Joe and Jill, but in the meantime a lot is happening down-ballot. Three key Iowa House races for Democrats in the immediate neighborhood, and all are doing something this week.
- Team Schwab is also making calls Tuesday night 4 to 7 at the home of Trish Nelson and Arron Wings, Iowa CIty west side. Details, check with Paul Deaton at 319-331-0899.
- The Sally Stutsman campaign is phoning from the Coralville HQ Tuesday and Wednesday 6:30 to 8 about her fundraiser scheduled for Sunday, September 9.
- And Sara Sedlacek is one of the hosts at the grand opening of the West Liberty HQ. Yes. I said that. West Liberty headquarters at 111 W. 3rd St. The big guest at the 5:30 event is Dave Loebsack; also on hand, Senator Tom Courtney and Muscatine County Supervisor candidates Stu Willits and Kas Kelly. Along with the grand opening is a food drive for the West Liberty Backpack Program.