Sunday, January 05, 2003

I'm leery of the Edwards "NASCAR strategy". How much pandering to Southern whites does this entail?

When is someone gonna say to the Confederate Flag People:

"You know, y'all - I can call y'all y'all, right? - when y'all talk about the Confederate flag as 'heritage' y'all remind me of an 85 year old German who was 'just following orders'. Neither one deserves any honor at all. Know what else you got in common with the Nazis? Y'all both LOST! State's rights my ass. The Confederate cause was the enslavement. of. human. beings. It's time to take that flag, soak it in a barrel of Jack Daniel's, and burn it on the infield of the Daytona speedway. And as for you, Lynyrd Skynyrd - y'all ain't even Lynryd Skynyrd! I don't care how many little brothers Ronnie Van Zant had, the band died in the plane crash. And what's the deal: 'Saturday Night Special' or 'Gimme Back My Bullets'? Make up your mind, change your name to the Southern Rock Old Fart Tribute Band, AND GET A NEW STAGE BACKDROP!"

Is John Edwards going to say anything even remotely resembling this in the South Carolina primary?

No comments: