Sunday, June 20, 2004

Weekend Update

A father's day lesson

Did this yesterday. Though about wearing my cover-the-baldness Packer hat but decided that would look silly. My hair is thinning, I can deal with it, and PACKERS was not exactly on the health-care message.

However, I failed to learn a lesson from my father. He, too, could care less if people saw the top of his bald head. In fact, it was sort of a trademark for him.

But Dad is a wise man in the ways of the outdoors and always has a hat handy. As I sit here with my sunburned head, I understand too late my father's wisdom.

Today was lots of biking (wearing a hat), a little bargain hunting, not enough cleaning, too much blogging, and a nice observation of Father's Day. It was cool enough to make soup, too, on the eve of the summer solstice.

Smallest Farm in Iowa Update: Tallest beans at 5 1/2 feet. Two of the three tomatos over the top of the cage, but no baby mmmmaters yet. Eggplant not yet eaten by bugs, peppers growing and flowering but not yet making baby peppers. Catnip flowering, bee balm about ready to flower. Random seeds settling in and thinned.

Still waiting to hear from that old friend...

No comments: