Tuesday, July 20, 2004

What Dean Did

What might have been

Next week's convention will belong to John Kerry and John Edwards. But it will be held in the political house largely built by Howard Dean.

I still can't think about October and November without my heart soaring. And I still can't think about December and January without my heart breaking.

This ticket is hard for me. Not as hard as 2000, which was impossible. Maybe it's a small step up: Gore and Lieberman were contemptuous of me, and Kerry and Edwards just take me for granted.

Like Madonna says, second best is never enough. But what does she know, she liked Wes Clark.

I just tell myself Kerry has a chance, a slim chance, to stop this war, because the rest of the world will talk to him. With Bush, there's NO chance.

No comments: