Thursday, December 23, 2004



The Blogger hits the highway again this afternoon for the Big Family Christmas. We'll have almost the whole family (everyone except my daughter).

It's likely to be the last holiday in the house I grew up in. Believe it or not the folks have lived in the same house for 42 years. I'm sure it'll be the Mother Of All Rummage Sales when mom finally packs up.

So lots of nephew-niece time coming up in the next few days and probably not so many political-chatty type updates. Grownup talk is difficult with four kids age 7 and under. I'd love to get into a good old fashoned holiday-ruining political argument. Apparantly my Grandpa Deeth (who died before I was old enough to know him) was a world champion at this and specialized in teacher-baiting. Mom was too young to know better and always took the bait, or so I hear. These days she considers such conversations Impolite and is a master at changing the subject. Anyway, these days there's too much consensus among adult Deeths to pick a fight!




One highlight - or lowlight depending how it goes - is sure to be the Christmas Eve Packer-Viking showdown. Always fun to watch the Pack Wisconsin style: TV sound off and radio turned up to listen to the homer broadcast. And of course there's The Coach's observations. We got a nice lecture on the difficulty of catching punt returns at Thanksgiving...

No comments: