Saturday, December 11, 2004

Either I'm cool or old

Either I'm cool or old

The downstairs neighbors are having their weekly party and here's the playlist:

  • "I Ran", A Flock Of Seagulls
  • "Our House", Madness

    NO! They've just topped themselves! The everlovin' SAFETY DANCE!!!

    I wonder if they know that Safety Dance segues perfectly into "Undercover of the Night" by the Rolling Stones. I wonder if they were born when these records were made. I wonder if they would laught at the concept of "records" the way my daughter does...

    They always miss both the truly obscure - no Plimsouls, no Undertones - AND the really good stuff that was mega-popular like Prince who was ALWAYS good for a party. No, they go with the same ten official MTV Cheesy 80s Hits, like "Mickey." Not even the Spanish version of "Mickey" that's on one of my compilations.

    Anyway. A minor update on my own life. Old Baby Blue, the trusted Schwinn, is now in the possession of my daughter, replaced with a old discontinued Trek 820 Antelope that's actually a male-gendered bike. Nice for the price too. I should stand out a little less in a crowd.

  • No comments: