Friday, December 10, 2004

Working Around The Evil Empire

Working Around The Evil Empire

So. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and trying this Mozilla Firefox thing. The last straw was a particularly stubborn piece of malware that Ad-Aware and Spybot couldn't remove, which periodically opens up a sidebar in Internet Explorer. Not really vicious, just irritating.

So I'm checking it out. So far so good, the look and feel are almost indistinguishable from IE. There's been times I've had to look at the title bar to remember which browser I'm in. The built in popup stopping seems good. I'm not quite used to the tabbing for multiple windows. Anyway it's good enough that I'm going to use both Firefox and IE for a while.

I have a copy of Linux gathering dust on the shelf if I ever get really ambitious. Now if I had only gotten on the StarOffice bandwagon before they went to pay...

No comments: