Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Police chief to retire

Police chief to retire

"However, Winkelhake said his time in Iowa City was not without its controversies. He cited the shooting by Iowa City police officer Jeffrey Gillaspie of Eric Shaw on Aug. 30, 1996. . .

'That's got to be one of the worst things that could happen to a law enforcement agency,' Winkelhake said."

To a law enforcement agency. Hm. It's also pretty bad for the guy GETTING SHOT AND KILLED.

This retirement ought to make this year in Iowa City more interesting and may help put the Iowa City War On Drugs And Young People back on the front burner. I want a top cop who's going to say "21 is an unrealistic drinking age and I'm not going to waste the city's time and resources." Yeah. I know I'm weird. I still want that, though.

No comments: