Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday Cool For Cat Blogging

Friday Cool For Cat Blogging

Two blogger traditions - traditions, in a medium that's existed for like, three years? - are Friday Cat Blogging (posting picture of your felines) and the Friday Random Top Ten (randomizing your iPod and posting whatever appears).

I'm fresh out of cat pix and I don't have an iPod though I use the laptop to much the same purpose sometimes. But I'll adapt these traditions and share some music that's not really about cats at all:

The Indians send signals, from the rocks above the pass
The cowboys take positions, in the bushes and the grass
The squaw is with the Corporal, She is tied against the tree
She doesn't mind the language, It's the beating she don't need
She lets loose all the horses when the Corporal is asleep
And he wakes to find the fire's dead and arrows in his hat
And Davy Crockett rides around and says it's cool for cats, its cool for cats.

The Sweeney's doing ninety 'cos they've got the word to go
They get a gang of villains in a shed up at Heathrow
They're counting out the fivers when the handcuffs lock again
In and out of Wandsworth with the numbers on their names
It's funny how their missus' always look the bleeding same
And meanwhile at the station there's a couple of likely lads
Who swear like "how's your father" and they're very cool for cats
They're cool for cats

To change the mood a little I've been posing down the pub
On seeing my reflection, I'm looking slightly rough
I fancy this, I fancy that, I wanna be so flash
I give a little muscle and I spend a little cash
But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
And by the time I'm sober I've forgotten what I've had
And ev'rybody tells me that it's cool to be a cat
Cool for cats

Shake up at the disco and I think I've got a pull
I ask her lots of questions and she hangs on to the wall
I kiss her for the first time - and then I take her home
I'm invited in for coffee and I give the dog a bone
She likes to go to discos, but she's never on her own
I said I'll see you later, and I give her some old chat
But it's not like that on the TV when it's cool for cats
It's cool for cats


Those early Squeeze albums are wonderful, and all anyone knows is "Tempted."

More trivia:

The quarter collection is now up to date with the exception of the just released Oregon P.

Since no other news organization wants to report on it this year, here's the results of the county fair mock election. Our first ever tie, though I'm guessing if anyone does report it they'll get it wrong and say "Nussle wins" even though it was two PRIMARIES and twice as many people voted for Dems. In case you don't know: if there's a tie in a real election in Iowa, you draw a name out of a hat or other suitable receptacle. But this one was supposed to replicate a primary and the rule there is if no one gets 35% you have a party convention. In any case I thought is was a surprisingly strong showing for Judge.

And if I ever get splattered on the side of a highway, please do NOT do this. I guess if it provides people some comfort, if it helps them, that's OK, but I don't get why anyone would want to remember you at the place where you DIED rather than at a place you loved and enjoyed when you were ALIVE.

Pretty grim for my first cup of coffee...

No comments: