Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blouin-McGuire

Blouin-McGuire

Looks like another ticket is set:

McGuire supports abortion rights and has been active in promoting Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa, a part of her resume that could help Blouin with women voters...


I'm not convinced - she may be pro-choice but she doesn't hold the veto pen.

To tell you the truth, when I heard "doctor" and "McGuire," I expected SHEILA McGuire, who ran against Latham in the `94 open seat race... I like the old LBJ maxim of campaign experience: "I'd like (her) better if (s)he'd a run fer sheriff once."

So all that's left is Fallon-_________. The pattern has been set: in 2006, serious candidates name their running mates. He either needs to set the ticket, or give a good reason to reject the premise. I think he should make an in your face pick of another uncompromising progressive just to underscore the difference.

No comments: