Friday, February 16, 2007

Return of tha Rage?

Return of tha Rage?



"Killing In The Name," remaining relevant 15 years after the fact. Lyrics NSFW, as if I needed to remind you. I won't do what you tell me...

Chris Cornell is leaving rock group Audioslave, citing "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences."


Never really cared for Audioslave, even though I loved Rage and liked Soundgarden; it was always Zack's amped up political lyrics that drew me to Rage Against The Machine.

Meanwhile, Rage Against the Machine planned to reunite to perform at this year's Coachella Valley Arts and Music Festival, which runs April 27 through 29. Tom Morello, the lead guitarist of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave, has said the concert is a one-shot deal.


Here's hoping they make it work and make it last. We need Rage Against The Machine even more than we did in 1992, 1996, 2000... and I'll forever treasure the look of discomfort on Steve Forbes' face when he had to introduce them on Saturday Night Live.

No comments: