Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh My Dodd

Oh My Dodd: Chris Backs Barack

The first endorsement from a fallen Democratic candidate. Joint appearance in Cleveland today. A better endorsement than the one the other Connecticut senator made.

My five year old has a little D vs. G issue, and "Oh My Dodd" has become a family catch phrase.






The Silly Picture Contest is now tied 50-50. Of course, Calvin Coolidge is still the all-time champ:



And I'm getting politically incorrect two days in a row: just try to tell me you can look at this without thinking of Cleavon Little.



There was a brief window in the 1970s after Hays Code censorship but before PCness, and Mel Brooks thrived in that era. It's good to be the king.

Speaking of movies, if you want to waste a couple hours going down cinematic memory lane there's a fun toy at the New York Times of all places measuring the ebb and flow of the box office, week by week and movie by movie, for the last 22 years.

No comments: