Sunday, May 25, 2008

Holiday Weekend Clippings

Holiday Weekend Clippings

I'm on Kid Patrol in the basement while my wife's side of the family cooks. My sister in law has the perfect basement for my guys: a big concrete floor with insulation functioning as padded walls. And, for me, neighbors with unsecured wifi.

  • "They [the Clinton campaign] weren't stirring it up when they didn't need the delegates... Let's not sort of pretend that we don't know what is going on." -- Barack Obama, late Saturday, on Florida and Michigan.

  • One of the better pieces about the Vote For A Woman Thing.
    "This is the first time I felt it was 'my' election," said Janet White, a 64-year-old retired writer and editor from Tacoma, Wash., who was a Clinton delegate in the early stages of the caucus process in her state. "She is very much our cohort, born within a 20-year time frame; both her life and her troubles and her great achievements pretty much echoed our lives."

    Funny; that's kind of how I feel about Obama. I broke the Older Than The Governor barrier a couple years back, now for the first time I'm pretty much the same age as the presidential candidate.

  • Speaking of Michigan, a nice Kos diary on its messed up primary history, dating back decades.

  • "By 2008, I think I might be ready to go down to the old soldiers home and await the cavalry charge there" -- John McCain, August 1, 2000

  • And another problem for McCain: Bob Barr just moments ago took the Libertarian nomination. Iowa Indy's sister site Colorado Independent liveblogged the convention.
  • No comments: