Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pet Peeve

Pet Peeve

I hate it when candidates "announce" their candidacy two months after the filing deadline and two weeks after absentee ballots were ready to vote. Gee, George, I never would have guessed you were going ahead with at after I saw your name on the freakin' ballot. (I've seen Dems pull this stunt, too, and get away with it.)

Eichhorn rolls out a list of usual suspects in the Republican U.S. Senate Battle of Pronunciation, EYE-corn vs. RAH-chee. (Would crop rotation mean that next year he has to change his name to George Nosebean?) One would think the straightforward name Reed would have an edge here, but back at the district convention I detected no presence from the guy.

Eichhorn's web site also has the unfortunate url george2008.com/. So much for distancing oneself from Bush...

Anyway, here's a good piece on negotiated exit strategies from an old Doug Wilder hand. Great war stories.

No comments: