Thursday, August 06, 2009

Sotomayor Confirmed

Sotomayor Confirmed 68-31

"My prediction (May 28): a 69 to 29 roll call. Dems lose one vote, either Kennedy or Franken, to absence. GOP loses one vote: by the time it gets to the floor Jim Bunning will have been forced out of his re-election race and will quit coming to work just to spite Mitch McConnell."

Update with roll call details via The Hill:
Nine of the 40 Senate Republicans voted for Sotomayor: Sens. George Voinovich (Ohio), Judd Gregg (N.H.), Kit Bond (Mo.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Susan Collins (Maine), Olympia Snowe (Maine), Mel Martinez (Fla.), Richard Lugar (Ind.) and Lamar Alexander (Tenn.). Bond and Martinez are not seeking reelection.

Neither are Voinovich and Gregg. I called all the retirees as yes and I gave Sotomayor "two of three wild cards" -- Alexander, Graham and Kay Bailey Hutchison. I was wrong on Orrin Hatch. I was right in predicting Jim Bunning's retirement but wrong in calling him a no show.

Dems were as I predicted unanimous with Kennedy absent.

No comments: