Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Merry Christmas

My entire life has revolved around this day for so long I can't believe it's finally here. I've aid it before but it sums up my role perfectly: If this is Christmas, I'm an elf.



Expect local turnout updates roughly 9 AM , 11 AM, 3 PM. And 8 PM but by then you'll be seeing actual RESULTS from other places. Once polls close the Johnson County picture should be clear fast: over 50 percent of our registered voters have already voted.

ID not required in most circumstances. If you've moved within the county,just ID is good. New registrations in the county need ID and proof of address.

Do NOT put your ballot in mail today! If it's postmarked today and arrives after today, it will not count! BRING it to auditor's office or the polls. If you lost or never got it, go to polls and vote a provisional ballot.

If I'm not too tired, I may crunch numbers VERY late.

Here's hoping you get the present you want and not a lump of coal.


2 comments:

Matt said...

John,

Can you tell me how the order of the ballot is decided? I was surprised that Barack Obama was second on the ballot. He's the incumbent and by any alpha order, he'd be first. So what's up?

Matt

John said...

The party listed first on the general election ballot is determined at the county level solely by the county auditor. Normally this means: wherever party the auditor is. From 1978 to 2010 Democrats were listed first in Johnson County. This year I was told secondhand that Republicans would be first; I never heard an explanation for the change.