Saturday, December 31, 2005

The dangers of random music

The dangers of random music

I have way way way too much music on my hard drive. Radio stations brag about no-repeat weekdays? I could do a no repeat month.

And of all that music, what does my random function grab?

This.

Look, I'm a big Lennon fan, and I'm not of the "love John/hate Yoko" school. That's a contradiction and disrespectful of both of them.

And I KNOW that the song is about her ex kidnapping their daughter. And the backing track with John and Eric Clapton wailing on guitars is pretty damn good. And some of her songs on "Double Fantasy" are listenable.

But you know all those rants about Yoko's screeching vocals? They're true, and "Don't Worry Kyoko" is the definitive example.

AYIYEIAYIEYIAIYEEEEYYYYAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEIYEI DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRYYYYYAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEIYEI

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN'TTTTTTTTTT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEIYEIAYIYEIAYIEYI....

You get the idea.

Yet in the true sprit of Random, I endured the whole thing. For the first time ever.

No comments: